Home About Me Privacy Policy

Show and Tell #5

We have been super busy with our trip to Disney, baseball, and swim team, so it has been a LONG time since I've been able to go yard saling. It felt good to get back out there. I felt like we hit a lot of sales this morning, but I didn't find much. That's just part of the game!

I use Yard Sale Treasure Map to scope out potential places to visit. I even got more advanced today and used the different colors on the locations to show which ones I didn't want to visit (blue), which ones I wanted to visit (red), and once we visited them, I turned them to green. It was much easier on me when I was trying to figure out where to go next.

On to what I did find today...
This spring, we added a pond to our front flower bed. I really don't know much about them and am learning as I go. So, right now it's a nasty shade of green. I have learned that adding plants helps with the algae and that I can add regular lilies right into the pond. I happened to find two of them this morning for $1 each. If they die, I won't feel like I wasted too much money! That's a good thing, because when I tried to add one, it just wanted to float to the top. (You can see the pile of rocks I used to make it stay down!) I guess that's my next research project on the pond.

I also found some other great things: dishes, some cute sandals that I probably don't need, two cups with E's on them, and a lantern.

I have been trying to find dishes to mix and match for awhile now. I've looked at yard sales, flea markets, and thrift stores but just haven't found the right thing. I really didn't know what I wanted until I saw this set today. I want something nice, but if the boys break it, I won't be heartbroken. I can just go out and find another one to add to the collection. Hopefully, I will get lucky enough to find more that coordinate so I can get them into our kitchen.

I have also been looking for lanterns forever. No one wants to sell them for a price I'm willing to pay! This one is newer, and it actually works. Once I do find some antique lanterns, it will mix right in. It can also give some nice ambiance lighting!
We found some other things for our shop, but you'll have to head over to Peppers Pickins to see those :)

What great things did you find this weekend? I love show and tell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PDF Print