Home About Me Privacy Policy

Shopping Deals #3

One of the biggest ways I save money is with couponing. I'm not an extreme couponer by any means, but my goal is to save more than my total payment. With a little time, that's pretty easy to do.

In addition to the thrill I get from watching the savings click up on the register, it's fun to share the great deals found. It helps keep me motivated!
This trip was to Kroger. I had received a $5 off of a $25 purchase, and it expired yesterday, so I had to make sure to get in there!

Here's what I got:
15 cans Campbells tomato soup
2 boxes Cinnamon Toast Crunch
3 boxes Honey Nut Cheerios
6 boxes Nature Valley bars
4 boxes Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks
5 Kroger yogurt singles

I use the Out of Milk app to total my bill so that I know what it will be before hand. It has really come in handy, including this trip, because the total at the register was not close to my total. I had someone behind me, so I checked my receipt in the parking lot before leaving. 

They are having one of those Mega Events where you purchase 5 of certain products and get $5 off. Two of my Nature Valley boxes were the wrong ones, so not only did I not get a sale price, but it also didn't give me the $5 discount.

I was able to go to Customer Service and trade the 2 items to get the sale price and $5 for the Mega Sale. I got $8.42 back! That's a big difference.

My total for everything after fixing the mistake was $19.24, with my savings being $43.90!

A big note for Kroger shoppers, I saw a notice while standing in line at Customer Service. Starting September 22, they will only honor the face value of coupons, which means no more doubling!! I don't know if this is only certain locations, but it would definitely be worth checking into.

I hope you had some good savings this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PDF Print