Home About Me Privacy Policy

Valentine's Day Is Around the Corner

Valentine's Day
It's amazing how quickly Valentine's Day comes after the excitement of Christmas dies down! In our house, we concentrate on the love of our family and try not to get bogged down with the commercialization of the holiday.

We don't have many decorations around the house, but it's enough to make it festive. If you want to see some of the posts from years past for ideas, click on these pictures:
Valentine Decorations
Valentine Decorations
Valentine Decorations
Some of the things I added this year were simple, but cute. I bought doilies last year at the Dollar Tree and hung them individually.
Valentine window decoration

Our mantle is decorated with some more Dollar Tree accents. The heart garland and hearts in the vase and spools were bought there. The cute burlap flowers were a lucky find in the Target dollar bins, although I think they were $3.
Valentine mantle decorations

Here are the vase and spools in more detail. The mason jar was actually a gift from one of my former students. It fits right into my decor!
Valentine decorationValentine decoration

I also found some great Subway Art to put up on my clipboards by our entryway. The printout on the left was made by Jamie at Eighteen25 (there's also an option with brown in the mix), and the one on the right was made by Brittney at The Daily Dye. The wreaths above them are a Christmas decoration. I may end up putting those over my tv, though. I haven't decided if I love where they are!
Valentine wall decorations
We will be thinking very soon about what kinds of Valentines to make this year. Be on the lookout!!


Check out these great sites where I link my posts!
Epic Mommy Adventures The Dedicated House 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PDF Print