Home About Me Privacy Policy

Happy Valentine's Day!

What a great way to start the day!  We had French toast for breakfast with hearts punched into the bread on Valentine's plates.  Then we opened Valentine's day cards from the grandparents and got sweets from them (They are hidden away for later!)
I feel like there's not much out there as far as clothes goes for boys on Valentine's Day, so I usually find something red for them to wear.
For lunch, we are going to have sandwiches shaped like hearts.  My older one has issues when I cut the crust off (Isn't it usually the other way around?), so I just made a heart shape in the middle of the sandwich.  I also happened to get vanilla pudding on sale yesterday, so I added red sprinkles to it. 
 Their snacks consist of goldfish and conversation hearts.  I saw a trail mix using almonds, but since we didn't have any of those, the goldfish had to do.  I also gave them a berry drink.
For dinner, I plan to make heart shaped chicken and dye their milk pink.  I haven't tried shaping the chicken yet, so we'll see how that goes.

I'm excited about dessert!  I am trying to find ways to incorporate healthy food, so we are doing pound cake with cool whip and strawberries.  All of these items were on sale, of course!


Happy Valentine's Day!
 photo Signature 2_zpsp7blofzx.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

PDF Print