Home About Me Privacy Policy

Budget Schmudget

We have been up to our heads in budgeting this week!
Ryan decided to borrow the book Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey from someone at work.  (Notice I said borrow, which is a great way to save money!  The public library is an additional option to friends.)  We both read through it pretty quickly, and I dove right in to the worksheets he included for figuring everything out.
Whoa!  My eyes are crossed from all of the numbers I have been looking at.  But it really feels good that when our next paychecks come in, we know exactly where every penny is going.
We are even going as far as trying the envelope system.  For those of you who haven't heard of it, you take the amount you budgeted for each category (like groceries or entertainment) and put it in an envelope.  Once it's gone, it's gone!  I found this {template} online to make our own envelopes.
I'll keep you posted on how all of this goes!

2 comments:

  1. I love Dave Ramsey, followed him for years, and listen to his radio show everyday. Can't wait to see how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this sounds awesome! I have known several people who have done the envelope system and it has really worked for them. I hope that it works for you all as welll!!

    ReplyDelete

PDF Print