Home About Me Privacy Policy

Repurposing an Armoire

I am so excited for this next project.  My crafting and scrapbooking area is in our master bedroom.  Our bedroom is a place that I want to be able to go and relax.  It's very hard to do that when you have something that looks like this:
I knew I had to do something, but I had to figure out how to reorganize this without spending a lot of money.
I have found the best place to "shop" is my parents' storage unit.  If you don't have one of those, yard sales, consignment stores, and flea markets are other great places to look.  I found this beautiful piece:


Luckily, I got my parents to agree to let me use it.  The mechanisms that were used to keep it secured together were coming apart, so my handy dad did some fixing and was able to get it back together.
Before I start to move my things into it, I am creating a plan of exactly what I need from the armoire.  I am going through the things I had in and on the dresser to see what areas I want to create.  I have made a sketch of the armoire and am going to design what I want the final product to be.
I will keep you posted on my progress!


4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this project, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I'm excited about this project, too.

      Delete
  2. What happened to your armoire project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the finished product...
      http://erins2centz.blogspot.com/2012/04/repurposed-armoire.html
      I'm still enjoying it!!

      Delete

PDF Print