Home About Me Privacy Policy

Our Vegetable Garden

We finished Ryan's vegetable garden this weekend.  Now we get to sit back and watch the veggies grow!
He started by making three raised beds.
Then, they had to be filled with dirt.  If you haven't figured this out yet, I don't like to spend money when I don't have to.  Across the street from us is a nice little dirt pile from the hole they dug for a new house.  It was calling my name!  (Well, Ryan's, and he wasn't too happy about it.)
He still added the good kind of dirt (a.k.a. not free) to make sure that our plants would be successful.
We added tomatoes, peppers, and sweet potatoes.  He still has a whole bed for more plants.  A tip I learned from Ryan: Look for the plants at the store with double stems.  It's usually two plants.

After we did all of the planting, we added fencing around it to keep our dogs and boys out.  Eventually, we plan to get something nice, but this will do for now.
I got the idea to use wine corks and skewers as markers from {My Chic Life}.
I can't wait to be able to pick our first veggies!
What are you planting this year?

1 comment:

  1. You all did a great job. I'd love to have my own veggie garden one day! Save me a tomato or two :)

    ReplyDelete

PDF Print