Home About Me Privacy Policy

Delicious and Easy Pasta Salad

Last week, one of our friends had an impromptu get together, and everyone brought a dish. We ate whatever everybody brought. It was a perfect idea for food, and all types of dishes were covered! The only problem is, I have a really hard time deciding what to bring to these kinds of things. I'm always afraid I'm going to mess up whatever I decide to make, plus the cheap side of me just wants to throw something together we already have.

Well, I got brave for this one. Using only food we had in the house, I was able to create a pasta salad that everyone raved over. I even had people asking for the recipe, and I couldn't really give them measurements. I felt bad, because whenever I ask my grandma for recipes, she can tell me all of the ingredients but has no clue how much she uses! So, I figured it out for you.
I began with a box of Rigatoni noodles, cut up two cucumbers and a bunch of cherry tomatoes from our garden, and almost a whole bottle of Italian dressing. I gently stirred all of it together until all of it was covered with the dressing. At this point, it was good, but it needed something more. 

I searched AllRecipes.com and found a similar recipe. (Don't follow this part yet!) They added 1 cup of Parmesan cheese and 1 Tbs. Italian seasoning. I mixed the seasoning into the cheese and incorporated it into the salad. I didn't use the whole amount. In fact, I had about 1/4 cup left. I also didn't use fresh Parmesan; remember, everything was already on hand, and that wasn't!


The best way to decide how much to use of everything is to give it a try. If you like how it tastes, great, if you don't, adjust. Refrigerate until cold, although mine was served at room temperature, and it was still good.
You get the plastic lunch container picture, because this was the last serving, and I wanted to make sure I had something to share with you!

What kinds of recipes have you been able to come up with that worried you but turned out great?
Dear Creatives

Bouquet of Talent Suburbs Mama Sunday Link Party Make It Pretty Monday Tuesday’s Treasures yourimagetitle From Dream to Reality Twirl & Take a Bow Brag About It Your Creative Timeout Under $100 Link Party Pinterest Power Party Penny Pinching Party Whimsy Wednesday Real Family Fun Adorned From Above Blog Hop Tutorials, Tips, and Tidbits Think Tank Thursday Freedom Fridays Inspiration Spotlight Your Great Idea Sunday Scoop All Things Pretty Pinterest Blitz Pin It Tuesday

7 comments:

  1. I love an easy pasta salad! and lately zucchinis and cucumbers are popping all over the place...great way to use them. Pinning to my Easy to be Green Board. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! The pasta dish looks yummy :) ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!! I love pasta salad and this looks delish! Pinning!
    I would love for you to link up to the Krafty Inspiration Thursday Link Party over at Krafty Cards etc. http://kraftycardsetc.blogspot.com/2013/07/krafty-inspiration-thursday-link-party-1.html
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love a pasta salad in the summer. I can never tell people how much of something to add unless I'm doing a recipe specifically for my blog. My mom is the same way. She would always say "put how much you think you need in it."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how easy this is and it looks delicious! We would love for you to share at our fun Super Summer Saturday link up here: http://www.thechirpingmoms.com/2013/07/super-summer-saturday_27.html Thanks! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so yummy! Pinning to my salads board. Thanks for sharing at All Things Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin, featuring your recipe tomorrow. Love easy ones like this! Drop by to see & grab your featured button! Be sure to share any of your posts while your there too! Theresa @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete

PDF Print