Home About Me Privacy Policy

Mardi Gras Wreath

I was lucky enough to be selected to host a Zatarain's House Party for Mardi Gras. I was already planning on decking out the house, but this gives me more motivation! The first thing I always think about when decorating for anything is a wreath for the front door.
As always, I try to envision the best possible choice for the smallest amount of money. My parents have been in Fairhope, Alabama a few times for Mardi Gras and have brought back a ton of bead necklaces. Because my mom can't pass up anything she can get for free, she has too many for you to imagine! I bought a 12 inch wreath form (my front door has a narrow window, and I like my wreaths to fit inside it.), but you can get whatever size you want. I bought this at Hobby Lobby, so I made sure to use my coupon app to get a 40% off coupon to use at checkout. I also bought a mask at the Dollar Tree.
To make the wreath, I began by using floral wire that I formed into U-shaped hooks to pin the necklaces into the styrofoam. Those began popping out, and once I finished my first layer of necklaces, I couldn't fit them in anymore. That's when I pulled out my trusty hot glue gun! 

I continued to wrap necklaces around until the gaps were all pretty much filled. With the glue gun, I attached at the beginning and end of the necklaces unless they were bigger or I wanted it to lay a certain way. I tried to keep from layering the same colors over each other, too. At the end, I began cutting pieces to get them to fit in the gaps. In all, I think I did about three layers. 

Once I had the necklaces the way I liked, I wrapped a ribbon around the top for hanging and hot glue gunned my mask onto the side. 

It was a little on the heavy side, so I cheated and pushed it onto the Command hook I already have on my window in addition to hanging it from the over-the-door hook. This also keeps it from swinging anytime someone opens the door.

Stay tuned... I'm working on the inside decorations!

Bouquet of Talent Make It Pretty Monday Tuesday’s Treasures yourimagetitle Brag About It Before and After Wednesday Real Family Fun Adorned From Above Blog Hop Tutorials, Tips, and Tidbits Think Tank Thursday Sunday Scoop Pinterest Blitz TGIF Anything Blue Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

PDF Print