I've moved!

Almost There with the Armoire

If you missed out on the beginnings of my armoire redo, visit the {first} and {second} post. 
My next task with the armoire was the drawers.  I figured out what I wanted to store here and split it up into categories.  I ended up with:
  • tape
  • glue
  • ink pads
  • ribbon
  • chalk
  • punches
  • envelopes
  • stickers
  • cut outs
The Dollar Tree usually has little white baskets, but because I was in need of them, they weren't there.  I got what I needed at Walmart.  I measured out the drawers and then took my measuring tape with me to make sure the baskets would fit in the drawers.  (I usually keep a measuring tape in my purse.  You never know when you might need one!)  I also bought contact paper to line the drawers.

I didn't find what I wanted for my stickers, so I improvised.  I had a box that fit perfectly in the drawer.  I used contact paper to cover it, and now I have a little cubby to hold my stickers!

The bottom two drawers now hold what I want to use in my scrapbooks.  They are still a mess, because I am very far behind!

The best thing I did with the drawers was running a candle over the bottom tracks.  I can't remember where I learned this tip (some magazine), but it is amazing the difference it makes with the way the drawers slide in and out.
All I have left to do is install some shelves and put some cans on the door to hold more of the supplies.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PDF Print