Home About Me Privacy Policy

Update on Armoire

Slowly but surely I am making progress on the {armoire}.  My first step was to make a plan.  I keep this in my {Family House Plans Binder}.

In addition to drawing out the armoire, I made a list of everything I wanted to be able to put into it. 

I knew that I wanted to make the long door the place to house my paper.  I wanted something that would allow me to keep my scrap pieces with the original sized paper.  I used file folders and glued them together.  I am trying to do as little as possible to the actual armoire to try to preserve it, so I used some blocks of cork board that I already had, covered them with fabric, and hung them at the top and bottom of the door panel.  I then attached the files to the boards with a stapler.
I also knew that I would use the small open section to keep my current scrapbook projects and my idea manuals.  I put those in and realized I will have space above to add a shelf for extra storage.  More storage=more craft materials!
My next step is to figure out the drawers and how I want to organize them.  If you have any good tips, let me know about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PDF Print