Home About Me Privacy Policy

Happy Memorial Day!

Source
I hope everyone is having a great long weekend!  We aren't doing much around here.
Of course, mom and I went {yard saling} on Saturday.  Ryan had graduation at his school, so the boys had to go with us.  My grandmother also came, so it was a four-generational experience!  I finally found bar stools for our kitchen.
Our neighborhood pool opened this weekend, so we took the boys swimming yesterday morning. 
We had dinner last night at my parents' house with my grandparents.  We'll probably cook out tonight; one of my favorite things to do during the summer!  (Mostly because that means Ryan's in charge of most of the cooking.)
I also use this holiday to teach the boys about being patriotic.  I really get into decorating for Independence Day, but I think it is also important to celebrate all that our military does for us to provide us the freedom we have in this country.  Last night, Brady helped me put little flags out in our front flower beds to show our support.  You can find the flags pretty cheap at the dollar store or places like Wal-mart.
We talked about the meaning of being patriotic and supporting our troops.  Of course, this is a conversation with a 3-year-old, so it doesn't go too in depth.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin~

    I posted a little shout out on my blog about your cute blog- Hope that was ok- It's under your boy's preview session~

    Hope you like the pictures- Have a great night!

    Kelly Ann Studio
    www.KellyAnnStudio.com

    ReplyDelete

PDF Print