Home About Me Privacy Policy

Burgers Not Made of Meat?


Our family got to try a {MorningStar Farms} product through {Bzz Agent} recently.  We previously bought some MorningStar veggie burgers from Costco and enjoyed those, so I was excited to try some different flavors.  I chose Tomato & Basil Pizza Burger, keeping my boys in mind as I looked at the assortment of products.  I have to say, I was very impressed with the variety of items MorningStar has available.  I did not expect to have such a selection.
Preparing the veggie burgers was simple.  It required putting them in a pan over medium heat for about 10 minutes.  The house smelled very good as they cooked!  We also made some homemade fries as a side.
I presented the burgers in the same fashion I would a regular hamburger so that I could get the family's true reaction.  My husband knew what we were having, but the boys didn't.  Ryan is all about eating healthy when we can, so he was all for it.
They were really good!  I loved the flavor I chose, and it went really well on the bun with ketchup. I questioned in the beginning what to add to the buns with the tomato basil flavor of the patty!  The boys also both ate more than half of their burgers without any begging from us or hanging dessert over their heads, a rare occurrence.  MorningStar added some mozzarella and provolone cheese to the other ingredients, which helped seal the deal with their taste buds!
It was also very filling, which was another concern of mine.  I wasn't able to finish all of mine, so I had great left-overs for lunch the next day.  Even reheated, it was delicious.
I would definitely recommend the Tomato & Basil Pizza Burger we had, and our family looks forward to trying other products from MorningStar.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, I may have to try that. How do you make your homemade fries? Is it healthier that way or cheaper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just slice up baking potatoes, mix with oil and some spices depending on what you like, and then cook in the oven on 425 for 30 minutes or until they're getting crunchy. It makes us feel a little bit better, because we have control over how they are made. We also get the big bags of potatoes from Costco and have to be creative in using them up!
      ~Erin

      Delete

PDF Print