Home About Me Privacy Policy

Thrift Store Finds #2

I'm finally getting back to a schedule of sorts! We've had all kinds of crazy things happening for our family, including the ending of the school year for all four of us, PreK graduation for Brady, a trip to Massachusetts, Ryan's brother's wedding, and me starting summer session at my school. After all of that, the first thing I made sure to get back on schedule was the first Saturday of the month at Goodwill for their 50% off sale. It was a great day!

Goodwill now has a rewards program. It sounds kind of silly, but when you shop there like our family does, it's a nice perk. You get $5 off of a purchase $25 or more during your birthday month, and once you accumulate a certain amount of points, you get another $5 off. In order to get the points, you have to spend $25, so my mom and I always total our things before we get to the register. If we're not going to get them, we combine our things and at least one of us will get the points.

June is my birthday month, so I knew I had a $5 discount waiting! I finally hit the jackpot with jeans; of course now that it's 90 degrees, but they'll wait for cooler weather. I found 4 pairs of Chico's jeans: 2 regular denim, one regular black, and 1 skinny black. I also found a Calvin Klein shirt, 2 Talbots tops, a Jones New York top, and a white t-shirt (which is always a must when you find them in good shape), Ralph Lauren seersucker shorts, and Liz Claiborne capris. I also finally found a pair of navy blue sandals!
In addition to the clothes, I got a pair of old wooden shoe molds, Louisiana state plate, milk glass bowl, 3-step ladder, 3 black frames, and my favorite purchase, a chandelier to make over for my laundry room.
Some of these things might end up at my Peppers Pickins Etsy Shop, and others I will have to share the make overs later. I love a successful trip of bargain hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PDF Print