Home About Me Privacy Policy

Thrift Store Finds #3

I'm back! It's been a little while. Well, a long while. I figured I would start where most of my posts start... at the thrift store. Today was the 50% off sale at Goodwill.

My favorite find today was a classic pair of Kate Spade flats. I got them for $2! It took a little scuff mark to keep them off of goodwill.com, but to fix that, all it takes is a Sharpie!


I also found a Michael Kors dress, Loft dress that will look great with some leggings, and Talbots top.

While I enjoy my finds from Goodwill, it isn't the haul I'm used to walking away with. My partner in shopping, Mom, and I headed to a few yard sales on the way home. I decided to change our living area around the other day, and my husband made a comment that we need a place to put stuff down while sitting on the couch. I had already been looking for a table, but now it's really needed. One estate sale had an old ironing board, and it's the perfect height for a "table" behind the couch. The picture doesn't have it quite in the right place, because the back of the couch is currently being used as a wall for the boys' fort (as you can see in the background!).


The ironing board's original cost was $25, but we negotiated it down to $20.

Unfortunately, the living area will probably have to be re-rearranged soon, though, because I was finally able to find bookshelves to go on either side of our tv stand. I found those yesterday at Rescue Mission. They need some work and a paint job, but I'm ready for some more good make-overs!
These gems were with what the store called a set of three. The other piece was obviously not a match to the shelves, and I only wanted these two pieces anyway. I talked with a manager, and he sold me the two for $50. It never hurts to talk with someone to see if you can get what you want!

What great finds have you made lately?

2 comments:

  1. Great finds! Cute shoes and dresses! What color are you going to paint the shelves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to paint them black to go with the tv stand I made over a while back. I've been looking for shelves forever, so I'm excited to get my complete "entertainment center!"
      ~Erin

      Delete

PDF Print