Home About Me Privacy Policy

Shopping Deals #7

couponing
One of the biggest ways I save money is with couponing. I'm not an extreme couponer by any means, but my goal is to save more than my total payment. With a little time, that's pretty easy to do.

In addition to the thrill I get from watching the savings click up on the register, it's fun to share the great deals I was able to find. It helps keep me motivated!
grocery couponing
This shopping trip was to Kroger. They are having one of their Mega Shopping Events, which continues through this week if you're interested. It doesn't seem like I got much, but I was able to stock up on a few items.

One thing that did frustrate me as I matched up my coupons with the deals on this trip was that our coupon flyers don't seem to include all of the coupons that other areas must get. On multiple occasions, I have not been able to find listed coupons from the websites I use (Southern Savers for Kroger). Do you ever find that when you're trying to match up coupons?

Here's what I got:
1 Pagoda egg rolls (2.99, 2.49 wyb 6)
+ free cpn from BzzAgent
5 Ronzoni pasta (.49 wyb 6) ~ I could have gotten these free if I could have found the coupon!
3 Kleenex tissues (.99 wyb 6)
+ .50/3 mfc
3 Sun laundry detergent (.99 wyb 6)
1 Goodnights (8.49 wyb 6)
+ $2/1 mfc
10 Yoplait yogurts (10/$5)
+ $1/10 Kroger ecoupon
+ $1/10 SavingStar credit

My total was $20.62, and the receipt says I saved $20.89 (plus added $1 to my SavingStar total). I barely made my goal of saving more than I spent, but it still counts!

Happy couponing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PDF Print