Home About Me Privacy Policy

Easy Bird Feeder

Here is an easy one!  I bought a shepherd's hook at a {yard sale} last year and finally decided to put it in the corner outside our kitchen window.  I had some pots that I sold in {our yard sale} thanks to my {herb garden}, but I kept and repurposed one of the water trays as a bird feeder.

Here are the steps I took:
  1. Measure two strands of twine to the length you want the tray to hang from the shepherd's hook.
  2. Tie the two strands in a knot at the middle.
  3. Hot glue the knot and the strings in a + on the bottom of the tray.
  4. Bring the strands around and tie a knot at the top of the strands.
  5. Hang it from the shepherd's hook.
  6. Fill it with bird seed.
I stopped at one of the random road side flower shops and found a hanging basket that matched perfectly for only $5!

We haven't had any visitors yet, but I am still hopeful.  It will take a peaceful day when the dogs aren't out barking and the boys aren't running around.  This might be a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PDF Print