Home About Me Privacy Policy

Dressing Up Pizza

One of our staple dinners for Friday night is PIZZA!  We save money buying frozen pizzas and making them ourselves.  For less than the price of one take-out pizza (about $10), we get four frozen cheese pizzas from Costco.
The pizza alone is really good, especially for the price.  But I'm always looking to add fresh produce to our meals for a few reasons:

  • They're healthy for us.  
  • I want the boys to be exposed to new foods.  
  • It makes the pizza a little more filling with extra toppings.

The most common topping we do in our house is tomato slices, fresh basil, and extra mozzarella cheese (I love cheese!).  I chop up the basil, because the boys are less likely to eat it as whole leaves.
Yum!  Some other variations we do include adding fresh oregano, chopped and sprinkled across the top.  My husband also likes adding bell peppers with the tomatoes and basil.  

9 comments:

  1. WE do the same thing, and often we get a pizza from the deli section. And we add whatever we want...extra meat, olives and vegetables from our garden too.
    Saw you sharing at Debbiedoo's Newbie Party
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin, I've visiting from Debbiedoo's newbie party. My husband and I garden,too. I sometimes make my pizza dough from scratch, but I like your idea of buying the frozen ones from Costco's and adding to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to get to a point where we make our pizzas from scratch. Once the boys are a little older, I want to make mini pizzas and let them pick their own toppings.

      Delete
  3. YUMMY! We are always looking for new pizza recipes. Thanks so much for linking up to the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! We love pizza too, and we have a ton of extra basil right now from our garden so I'll definitely try adding some next time! Stopping by from The Dedicated House :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting you via Make It Pretty Monday. I would love for you to visit My Dream Canvas. This looks delicious. Have a great day. Anu

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so delicious! Thank you for sharing this at Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Erin,
    This pizza looks beautiful, and I really love that you just dressed up the Costco pizza. Great idea. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/free-bee-sweet-hat-pattern-crocheted.html
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum. Look delish.
    A fellow newbie here.
    :)
    www.meltingmoments.info

    ReplyDelete

PDF Print