Home About Me Privacy Policy

Quick and Easy Dinner

I was lucky enough to be chosen by {Bzz Agent} to try the new Progresso Recipe Starters.  I received what looked like a soup can that contained their Creamy Portabella Mushroom flavor.
What was different about this can was that it included a simple, easy to make recipe right on the label.  In addition to that, there is one of those square things you scan with your phone.  (I'm new to the smart phone, so I don't know what it's called!)  You can also go to {progresso.com/recipe-starters} to find over 30 recipes for their five flavors.
I am not a fan of mushrooms, so I knew I would have to find a recipe that hid them.  I also wanted to find something that included ingredients I already had on hand.  I was in luck!  There was a recipe for Mushroom-Swiss Burgers that we were able to try.  This was perfect, because we had just bought a batch of {ground turkey} I needed to prep for freezing.
I made a few simple adjustments to their recipe, and we were good to go.  I cooked them on the stove instead of grilling them.  I also stirred some oil into them instead of spraying them with cooking spray.
The burgers got rave reviews from my family!  That's saying a lot from my picky eaters.  Jackson gave me two thumbs up, and this picture of Brady says it all:
Dinner was quick and easy to make.  Only being around $2.50 a can makes it well worth it for a quick meal.  I'm sure with it being new, there will be plenty of {coupons} floating around for it!  Look for it on the soup aisle if you want to try it for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip, I'll try this one night soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to tell us if you try a different flavor how it tastes. I'm curious to know! ~Erin

      Delete

PDF Print